It is never fun to find yourself on the side of the road dealing with a flat tire, but this is the type of experience that every driver usually has at least once. While we can outfit your vehicle with a brand-new tire at Keyes Lexus Valencia, you still need to know what to do in the moment to get back on the road. Because of this, we have put together some helpful guidelines on removing your flat tire and getting your spare tire put on.
Changing A Flat Tire
- Pull off to a safe area by the side of the road as far from traffic as possible, making sure you have ample room to work.
- Gather the spare tire from your vehicle along with your tire iron and jack.
- Loosen up the wheel lugs on the flat prior to jacking up your Lexus IS or Lexus RX.
- Jack up your vehicle then remove the flat and replace with the spare tire.
- Carefully lower your car back to the ground before tightening up the wheel lugs.
- Double check the tightness on the wheel lugs one more time before driving off.
Tip: If you are not quite sure of the right way to jack up your vehicle, you will find helpful information on proper jacking points in your Lexus owner’s manual.
Keyes Lexus of Valencia wants you to know that you should always have a properly inflated spare tire in your vehicle along with the right tools to change a flat tire. When you are ready to have a brand-new tire mounted and balanced, you can bring your car to our full-service Lexus dealer location at 24033 Creekside Road in Valencia, CA and we can take care of it for you. If you have any questions on changing out the tires on your Lexus or if you would like to make an appointment, you can reach our Lexus service team at (833) 834-3406.