Our Lexus service offerings available here at Lexus of Valencia go beyond oil changes and tire rotations. We also want to provide our customers with the information and support they need to properly care for their cars, especially when sudden warning signs appear.
Today, we’re looking at examples of common car noises, what causes them, and all the ways that Lexus of Valencia can help.
Car Noises to Watch Out For
There are many reasons why your vehicle may be emitting strange or unusual sounds, and you always want to schedule service to get it inspected as quickly as possible. Here are some of the most common noises a vehicle can make and what they mean:
- Squealing or grinding when you brake. Your brake pads will need to be replaced every 30,000 to 60,000 miles, depending on what kind of driving you do. If you notice that there is a squealing or grinding sound when you apply the brakes, it may be time for new brake pads.
- Screeching from the engine. Screeching can be scary, but you don’t have to worry. It’s usually a sign of a worn or damaged belt and can be replaced pretty quickly. It’s not safe to drive with damaged belts, however, so you want to arrange for Lexus service as quickly as possible.
- Hissing from the engine. Belts and hoses go hand in hand and often wear down at the same time. If you hear a hissing or steaming sound just after turning your vehicle off, you may have a hose leak.
- Clicking when starting your car. If your vehicle is slow to turn over or won’t start at all, a clicking sound is a tell-tale indication that your battery is dead and needs to be jumpstarted.
- Thudding on the road. Improperly inflated or flat tires can make a thudding sound against the road surface. It is dangerous to drive with flat tires, so schedule an inspection as soon as possible.
For more information on Lexus parts, service, and care, schedule an appointment with Lexus of Valencia today!